Friday 2 March 2012

Working With What I've You've Got

Because of affordable HD cameras and music software like Ableton Live, I think I can produce an operatic scene using our various skills in impro, layered and expanded with technology.  The present 3/4 of us women could sound like 10, have 10 or more voices or characterisations.  I've a few training sessions booked on Ableton Live, http://www.ableton.com/downloads/a/try-ableton-live/?gclid=CMPrj6fZx64CFUcTfAodThG4Ag.

Last year two of the members of New Opera Hero http://newoperahero.com/ came to Uni to talk about and show us some of their pioneering work which blends animation, 3D film and projection, with live music performance.  I remember at the time thinking their work was of no interest to me, but now I realise they have foresight and so many diverse skills.  A palette that I would be lucky to be able to work with.

As it is, I have some toys to play and learn with, voices, a dancer and a fool or two.  Must be able to make something interesting out of that!

Kim
x

No comments:

Post a Comment