Wednesday 7 March 2012

Contextual Enquiry Project Result

My Contextual Enquiry Project (CEP) was a 3rd year module on my BA (Hons) Music Performance with Theatre Practices degree.  The CEP gave me an opportunity of developing my particular interests, and to this end I formed POWOW.  Yesterday I received the mark for this project, having been assessed on the presentation of it and documentation.  

If you've read the early postings in this blog you'll know that forming POWOW was a means for me to document my own developing artistic abilities as well as being a record of progress towards my ambition to create an opera about older women, for them to make and perform.  Central to my interest is authentic movement, together with a flow in vocal production that includes a wide spectrum of sound making, including classical vocal production, and created through improvisation or comprovisation.

Having cut overview and summary slides from my presentation I then went and omitted these from the documentation! A silly mistake born out of rushing and tiredness.  Apart from this, the feedback was good.  I received a mark of 77%.  This is a good mark and gives energy to my hopes for the future development of the project.  I'd like to thank the women that took part in the project, Hall for Cornwall, Platform at University College Falmouth and Andy Mellors again for their support, which made the activity and the documenting of it possible.

There's lots more to do now, in the final months of my undergrad degree.  Right now, there's lots  more documentation to do for my theatre minor project - Vocal Composition.  I'll try to post about this  pretty soon.

Kim
x

No comments:

Post a Comment