Thursday 1 March 2012

Performance at Concourse - Saturday, 10 March 2012 12:00 until 22:00

I'm excited.  And nervous.  I've decided to show a piece I made in February this year through a process of, what I have learned this week, is called 'comprovisation'.


This will be my first performance at CONCOURSE which is a festival of performance by undergrads at Dartington College of Arts, (which is now incorporated with University College Falmouth, Penryn, Cornwall).  It's a showing of works and works in progress where we take risks and open ourselves up for constructive criticism from audiences and have fun:-

CONCOURSE 2012! A festival of student performance held at the UCF Performance Centre.
Containing over 30 performances over ten hours, including live music, contemporary theatre and dance, performance art, installation, and things none of us can think of a name for yet! 
Plus a bar and food = a good time for all. See you there!

I've named my piece Spectrum Score 1.  It's performed to a score of light, colour and image.  It's an expression of multiple realities and selves being present in any one moment and is inspired by the fact that bees and other insects see colours in ultraviolet.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11971274


Meditation, breath types, sound and silence are a central anchor and voice is permitted to express in any timbre, tone, colour, register, genre, placement, dynamic or articulation, as seems fitting in the moment of performance.  I'll record it and try to share it here - or somewhere else.


I'll let you know how it goes!


Kim
x

No comments:

Post a Comment