Monday 7 November 2011

Italian and Meditation - and Singing?

Please be warned, this is more personal stuff.  After all, it is a reflective journal as well as a record of POWOW.  Thankfully today's post is not medical, you might be relieved to know!  Those things will not be spoken of here today.


You're brave enough to read on?  Ok.


Having been stuck and negative I've decided to do something to get out of the doldrums so here's my current gameplan:-

Action

Attend:-

  • Beginner's Italian Lessons

Reason - It might make me fall in love with singing again as I do enjoy singing an Italian Aria - well, usually, except when I get hung up on how badly I'm singing at the moment.  I've decided to trick my neurosis by focussing on the beauty of the Italian language itself.

  • Meditation Classes

Reason - I believe learning to meditate will help me develop some peace of mind and tranquillity which I lack.   Even when I'm tired, unwell or not busy physically, my mind is racing, planning, strategising, shoulds and oughtsing, chastising, worrying - I often interrupt this at night by sending Reiki healing but I think it's time to apply one of my favourite sayings:-
Trust in God but tie your camel first.

  •  Join in some singing

Reason  - I'm a singer who's not singing.
These activities might go some way to releasing me from my isolation stupor which is a downer on productivity, creativity and general joie de vivre.


Although this might all seem lighthearted fluff, there is an inner energy or impulse which makes itself known and needs to manifest by the acquiescence of my mind and through my choices and actions.  


...................


A thought has just occurred to me - I wonder just how many personalities I've exhibited in this blog and just how many voices I am finding?  What would be the value in knowing the answer?




Kx

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant, these choices/strategies for shifting the doldrums make perfect sense and it's not easy to make any kind of sense when the doldrums hit!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete