Thursday 15 December 2011

Home Made Movie to Present at Platform

It's taken days to learn how to make a simple moving using Windows Movie Maker.  I had to edit lots of video footage, audio files and photos.  It's 22 minutes long and over 1.2 gigabytes in size, so I don't think I can share it here.

Andy Mellors who took photographs during 1 hour of four out of five of our workshops and who also shot a little video footage, was a great help in showing me how to use Movie Maker.  He also used InDesign to put together a booklet which I can give out at the Presentation at Platform tomorrow evening.  Last I heard one of the machines at Reprographics on campus had broken, so I hope it's fixed for the morning so the booklets can be printed.

I'm sure my movie will be full of beginner's errors but I hope the content is interesting.  The idea is that people can wonder in and out of Studio A where my film will be shown on a loop for a while.  There are free mince pies, mulled wine and hot chocolate to be had and there will be four performances during the evening from other community groups who benefitted from Platform funding.  I'm looking forward to seeing those.

I hope some of the women who took part in POWOW can make it to the showing.

BIG THANKS TO ANDY for his patience and skill.  So far he hasn't earned a bean but he says he's learning a lot from the project.

Kim
x

No comments:

Post a Comment