Thursday 17 November 2011

Developing My Practice - Edging Towards the Goal

I confess I'm challenged on how to develop my own practice, as I really do feel I need playmates to co-create with.  A few posts back I shared how I'd asked first and second year undergrads on music or theatre degrees at UCF if they'd like to join me in theatre improv and vocal production sessions, but I didn't have a single reply to my email.  Amongst older women, both professional and amateur, there is the interest and appetite for this work/play and I'm doing the networking and planning to enable the workshops to resume next year, after I graduate.  I'll be talking to The Works, maybe BBC Radio Cornwall and networking with other diverse creative practitioners.  Funding the project should be easier once I'm no longer in full time education, (which precludes me from applying to many sources), and I'm also looking at social entrepreneurship schemes.  I have any idea for a resource for women in Cornwall, which I'll nurture alongside this project, and which could make things easier all round.  I'll write about that on another occasion.

Once I've got my presentation and documentation completed for the CEP, (contextual enquiry practice), I guess it'll be time to book some studio space and try to develop some material on my own and explore how to link Bel Canto to the other elements with the intent of creating some performance pieces.

I need one, possibly two, players to continue the practice with me to create something to perform for my mid and end of year performance.  Remembering 1990's advice on 'manifesting your wishes' I see every possibility in realising the next step and getting closer to creating that new opera.  If you're interested, be in touch.

Kim
x

No comments:

Post a Comment